Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
I have decided that life gets very interesting as a district leader. Elder Jolly, one of the Spanish missionaries in my district, passed out over the weekend and hit his head and starting to have convulsions from hitting his head. Since he was the only one who could drive out of his companionship, they are now only walking for the forseeable future. I had to work as the inbetween man for the missionary and the mission president and his wife and try to sort through all the medical stuff and what was needed and how to work out getting them transportation and stuff like that. CRAZY! The sister companionship in my district had quite a bit of drama as well so between the two, I have had my fair share of being very busy this week and lots of earnest, hard prayer and seeking for heavenly help. It does come and it has made a big difference. Now things are starting to cool back down and it looks like the last week of the transfer will be very good for everyone.

Last Friday, we had a mission wide Christmas conference. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland came and spoke to us. Needless to say, it was quite a good talk and there was some pulpit-pounding involved as most the time seems with him. He talked to us about how Preach My Gospel was written to convert the missionary so that missionaries can than help to convert others. The goal behind Preach My Gospel was that no missionary is supposed to go home less active. It was a really good talk. They also had about 50 musical numbers from different missionaries. It was a huge spiritual feast.

I got the package last week and this week - thank you so much! I will call around one in the afternoon, that will work great! I ran out of time to write much this week reporting back to president about the different needs of my district. When I call, could you get me the Lyon's address? I couldn't stay very long (one hour max family visits) but I could be there for an hour on Christmas. They could call me at (801)205-6524 if I can stop by in the morning at 9ish. That or in the evening around 7 or 8. Whatever works best for them, let me know on the phone call or give them the number so they can get in touch with me if the morning visit would work better. I would love to visit them! Especially because they are currently only a few miles away. Life is going great and prayer really works! The church is true and our Heavenly Father really does love us. Jesus Christ suffered, died, and was resurrected. That fact makes the entire plan of salvation possible. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know miracles can and still do happen every single day and many times throughout each day.
Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment